Working with mould-affected objects
Mould affected items can be unsafe to work with. Loose mould spores can become air-borne, leading to inhalation as well as cross-contamination with other objects. We ensure our conservators work safely with mould-affected objects by using the process outlined below.
Bringing mould-affected items to ICS
- Make sure your item is wrapped in plastic before delivery to ICS. If your item is very large, please contact us for advice before you come.
- When you bring the mould-affected item to ICS for an assessment, we will firstly ask you to approve an upfront payment for mould remediation treatment. <