We have an opening for up to 4 Graduate Conservators to join our Paintings Team, starting in May 2022 for an initial 6 week period, with the potential for extension to December 2022. Based in Sydney, you will be using your hands-on conservation skills in a wide variety of lab and site based projects. Casual rate will be commensurate with experience in the range of $39.31 - $42.94 (including the casual loading) plus 10% superannuation.
International Conservation Services (ICS) is Australia’s largest private conservation practice. We conserve a wide range of cultural and heritage objects and artefacts including paintings, furniture, textiles, paper, sculpture, archaeological artefacts and wall finishes in buildings.
These roles include condition assessment and hands-on conservation, including triage and treatment of a large number of water-affected artworks.
You will be working in a small team under the supervision of an experienced team leader to treat a variety of artworks including oil paintings, acrylic paintings and frames. The work ranges from cleaning, stabilisation, infilling, inpainting and documentation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• At least 6 months of practical conservation experience, preferably in paintings conservation
• Excellent hands-on technical skills
• Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Ability to make positive contributions in a team environment and also work independently
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Sound working knowledge of, and commitment to, Work Health and Safety practices in the workplace
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office and basic photo applications
Submit your application using the online application form on the ICS website. Your application must include a detailed resume, two referee contacts and a covering letter.
For further information contact Adam Godijn by email: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.