International Conservation Services (ICS) is Australia’s largest private conservation practice. We conserve a wide range of cultural and heritage objects and artefacts including paintings, furniture, textiles, paper, sculpture, archaeological artefacts and wall finishes in buildings.
We are seeking a highly organised and enthusiastic Accountant to join the company in a full-time role. This position is located at our conservation labs in Chatswood, Sydney.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Budgeting, cash flow analysis, and accounting systems management
- Contributing to forecasting and reporting on local performance, month-end, and year-end summaries
- Presentation of forecasts, reports, and insights during management meetings
- Examination of operating costs, income, and expenditure
- Preparation of financial statements including monthly reporting and P&L to present to management
- Reconciling and maintaining Balance Sheet accounts
- Managing and executing compliance requirements including but not limited to BAS and other regulatory obligations
- Meeting deadlines related to financial reporting and providing assurance about the accuracy of data in financial reports
- Implementing and maintaining ICS financial recordkeeping and reporting systems
- Contributing to and delivery of improvements of internal processes and procedures of the company’s accounting management system
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant academic qualification – Master’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of accounting and business processes
- Solid experience using financial database applications and MS Excel
- Experience working in the Arts/Heritage sector, and understanding of technical processes leading to job delivery is desirable
- A high level of accuracy, numeracy, and attention to detail
- Experience working with technical staff, and understanding their work processes and stages, to deliver strong financial outcomes
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within a team environment
- Warmth, confidence, and resilience
What we offer:
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be entitled to a range of benefits including:
- Great working environment and people
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous professional development allowance
The salary for this position is $59,196 per annum.
Your application must include a detailed resume, two referee contacts from current or previous employers, and a covering letter outlining why you believe you are suited for this job. Please refer to the selection criteria before applying.
You must have the right to work unrestricted hours on an ongoing basis. Australian citizens and permanent residents are preferred.
Applications due: 26 August 2021
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org